Small Business and Professionals


Cover from £79.02*

Compare Quotes

Small Business Insurance

0800 107 4885
Mon – Thurs: 08:30 – 20:00
Fri: 08:30 – 17:30
Sat: 09:00 – 13:00

Small business insurance from YOUR Insurance

* Cover from £79.02: Based on an Advertising Contractor with £20,000 annual turn over and £1,000,000 of public liability cover and no employees.

Compare and buy small business insurance via our price comparison site, or if you prefer, speak to us over the phone and we can compare prices on your behalf.

Whether you need a basic public liability package for your small business, or if you need stock cover, employers' liability or professional indemnity, we can help.

Choose the way you buy

Online: Click on the "compare quotes" button and complete the questions about you and your business. Build your own business liability policy here by adding the value of your stock or how many employees you have. You will be presented with a range of quotes from different insurers and the option to read more, or buy online.

Make sure you take the time to review the policy features, limitations and exclusions included in your quote. We have worked to make the process quick and simple but it’s worth you taking a few extra minutes to make sure you have the right cover before you buy.

Over the phone: Call us on 0800 107 4885 and we will do our best to get you a great deal from our panel of insurers.

Struggling to find the right cover? You may have had trouble getting a quote, especially if you are looking for something in a policy which is a little unusual. As a specialist broker we are used to sourcing policies for our clients. Just tell us your requirements and we will do the hard work for you. Call us today on 0800 107 4885 and let us source a policy for you.

Great choice, low premiums

We are part of Towergate Underwriting Group Limited, one the largest independently owned insurance intermediaries in Europe, which means we have access to a wide panel of products and providers. Speak to our team today on 0800 107 4885.

Including professional indemnity insurance in your business policy?

If part of your business includes selling your knowledge or skills, you may want to consider taking out professional indemnity insurance as part of your insurance policy.

We can arrange cover for:

  • Loss of data or documents
  • Dishonesty or theft
  • Negligence
  • Intellectual property

Call us today on 0800 107 4885 to discuss including professional indemnity in your policy. We can talk you through the quote process and get you the right cover in place.

Cover for more than 400 professions and business types:

We can offer cover for a wide range or small business types, including:

  • Accountants
  • Beauticians
  • Consultants
  • Hairdressers
  • Sports and personal trainers
  • Tutors
  • Freelance designers & developers

Deals for renewals

Deals for renewals

If you are coming up to renew your policy and are looking around for a better deal for your small business insurance policy, YOUR Insurance might be able to help. 

We want to provide you with the lowest premiums we can. By using winning discounts for over 750 trades and professions we will work on matching renewal quotes where you are claim free and trading for at least three years. We are one of Europe’s largest independently-owned insurance intermediaries, which means we have access to a wide panel of products and providers. 

If you are looking to change insurance providers on renewal and your profession is on this list below, speak to our team today on 0800 107 4885 and claim your discount.

Below are just some of the trades we can cover

  • Actuarial consultant
  • Actuaries
  • Advertising agent
  • Aerobics instructors
  • Agricultural consultants
  • Architects
  • Artist
  • Auditor
  • Author
  • Book keeper
  • Business consultant
  • Cake maker
  • Car valeters
  • Carpet fitters
  • Cartoonist
  • Catering contractors (excluding market stall, mobile snack vendors)
  • Chartered Surveyors (excluding estate agents)
  • Chauffeur
  • Childminder (registered)
  • Chiropodists and podiatrists
  • Claims assessor
  • Cleaners - carpets/upholstery (excluding damage to the item being worked upon)
  • Clerical services
  • Clerical training consultant
  • Computer consultant
  • Computer servicing
  • Conveyancer
  • Design consultant
  • Desktop publishing services
  • Drama instructor (excluding other sports)
  • Draughtsman
  • Financial consultant
  • Fitness instructors (excluding sports training)
  • French polishers


  • Graphic designer
  • Health and safety advisors
  • Home laundry and ironing service
  • House sitter
  • Image consultant
  • Insurance agent/consultant
  • Interior designer
  • Interpreter
  • Investment consultant
  • Ironing & home laundry service
  • Legal services
  • Licensing consultant
  • Lifestyle consultant
  • Linguistics services
  • Loss adjuster
  • Market researcher
  • Mastic sealant contractors
  • Mortgage consultants and brokers
  • Personnel consultant
  • Pest controllers
  • Photographers
  • Piano tuners
  • Pilates Instructor (excluding other sports)
  • Public relations consultant
  • Publicity management services
  • Sandwich delivery
  • Secretarial services
  • Social worker
  • Solicitor
  • Stockbroker
  • Surveyor
  • Tax consultant
  • Teachers (including manual activities)
  • Teachers (excluding manual activities)
  • Telecommunications consultant
  • Telemarketer
  • Telephone answering services
  • Telesales consultant
  • Textile consultant
  • Theatre & ticket agencies
  • Town planner
  • Translator
  • Upholsterers
  • Valuers (real estate)
  • Vehicle audio & telephone installer (mobile only)
  • Washing machine repairer
  • Wheelie bin cleaners
  • Will writer
  • Yoga instructor (excluding other sports)

Working from home

If you run a business out of your spare bedroom or from the kitchen table, insurance might not be something you have considered, but depending on your business, you might have important equipment that is unlikely to be covered by a standard home insurance policy.

If public liability insurance is not something you've considered for your bootstrapped business, our team of insurance experts will be able to advise you on what might be appropriate for your situation.

How to buy home office insurance from YOUR Insurance

Think about the following:
Is your home office covered by your home insurance?
How often do you interact with members of the public in your home office?
How would your business be affected if something happened to your home?

Phone us on 0800 107 4885 and let our team of experts advise you on the right policy.

Ask lots of questions about the levels of cover you need. We are happy help you understand the levels of cover you have in place for each eventuality and if a policy is even appropriate for your small home-based business.