• Buy online or over the phone
  • In-house claims and customer service team
  • Cover from Europe's largest independently owned insurance intermediary

Get a Quote

Single properties

If you own a single property and let it out then getting a quote online may be the simplest option for you. Our online price comparison solution makes it easy for you to compare up to 11 different quotes and for you to tailor your own policy.


How to buy landlord insurance from YOUR Insurance

Go through our easy to use comparison site by entering your details and those of your property.

Review the policies offered to you online. Take the time to look at the details and double check things like the excess and sums insured. If you have any questions at all give us a call on 0800 107 8949.

Choose the policy that's right for you and choose to pay monthly or in one lump sum.

Struggling to get a quote online?
Sometimes you may need something from a policy which we can cover you for but falls outside the remit of our online quote system. For cases like this, we have a team of property insurance experts who will pull out all the stops to get you the policy you need. Call them on 0800 107 4949.


Add home emergency cover to your policy

We can also offer landlord home emergency cover as part of our landlord insurance. 


Need some landlord tips?

To make sure that you get the most from your insurance, you need to make sure that you bear these things in mind when looking after your property:

Keep your property in good condition

Most policies expect the owner to keep the building, fixtures and fittings well maintained and in a good condition. For example, you will need to ensure that you carry out regular inspections of roofs and walls and regular certified testing of electrics, gas and central heating.

Damage caused by tenants

While a landlords policy will usually cover against malicious damage to your property, it will not usually cover you for damage caused by tenants. It is in your interest to make sure that you’re happy with the tenants you choose.

Theft by violent or forcible entry

When a loss occurs due to theft it is usually a condition of the policy that entry was gained to the premises through violent or forcible entry. For example, you would be covered by your policy if a burglar gained access by breaking a window, but if they simply walked through an open door you wouldn’t be.

Vacant premises

Empty properties are viewed as a higher risk by insurers. If at any point your property becomes vacant you should contact your broker, as not doing so may affect your policy.


Multiple properties

Landlord insurance if you have more than one buy-to-let property

As part of Europe's largest independently owned insurance intermediary we are well placed to source you the cheapest deal we can as long as your insurance needs are met.

We can often offer you a number of quotes from various insurers so you have a choice of prices and policy benefits. In fact we have 11 insurers on our panel as well as the ability to source policies from the open market.

Let us manage insurance for your portfolio

If you have more than one property, we can help reduce your admin by adding them onto one policy. That means you pay one premium and have one renewal date.

If appropriate, we can provide customers FREE Risk Management Advice which may identify potential risks that you are not aware of. Most importantly, we will pull out all the stops to get your risks covered so you have peace of mind.

How to buy landlord insurance for your property portfolio

To save you time, have all your property details to hand, especially an accurate rebuild value, the property postcode and the year the property was built.

Call us on 0800 107 8949 and we will start the quote process after you tell us about your properties. We will then talk you through the policies available to you.


Features of our landlord insurance
Buildings with contents cover
Subsidence cover
Accidental damage cover
Loss of rent cover
Property owners liability cover
Employers liability cover
Terrorism cover


Get a landlord insurance quote

Insurance shouldn’t interrupt the way you work, but make you feel reassured it's always there when you need it. That's why we ensure policies you take out with YOUR Insurance work with you so you can:

Get a Quote


Or call us on 0800 107 8949Mon to Thu 08:30-17:30, Fri 08:30-17:00 or Sat 09:00-13:00.


Advice for multiple property landlords

Being a landlord can be a highly profitable but often very stressful business. From the legal obligations involved to attracting the right tenants, there are many important factors to contend with. However, ensuring you are familiar with your rights and responsibilities is an essential measure and here we take a look at some of the steps you should take in order to become a successful landlord.

Financial protection: As a landlord, it is your responsibility to protect the building you own and the tenants who live there and, as such, it is vital that you safeguard your investment against a range of eventualities. You can achieve this with landlord insurance, which provides cover for damaging events and unpredictable expenses. Landlord insurance from YOUR Insurance includes cover for the property’s contents (those that belongs to the landlord), accidental damage, property owner’s liability, and employer’s liability.

Tenant screening: To avoid potential problems down the line, get to know your potential tenants by undergoing a thorough screening process. There are several steps you can take to feel confident that your property is in good hands, including running credit checks, seeking references from previous landlords, visiting them at their current property to inspect the state of their home, or running a search online.

Property maintenance: If a problem arises at the property that requires repairs, make sure you follow through on what needs doing. If it is an emergency see to it immediately, if not, arrange a convenient time with your tenants to come round and inspect the damage. Once you have done this, schedule the repairs as soon as possible, making sure you give the occupant notice.

Privacy: It is in your interest to create a good working relationship between you and your tenants. Treat them as you would like to be treated by respecting their privacy. As a landlord, you cannot enter the property when the tenant isn’t present, or without first gaining they’re permission. If you’re concerned that your property may have become damaged, give the occupant at least 24 hours notice before you make a visit.

Communication: Keeping open a solid line of communication between yourself and your tenant needn’t mean taking calls at all hours of the day. However, it is important that they know how to get in touch with you, both as precautionary measure and to make the tenant feel more comfortable in their new home. To avoid calls to your house, make sure they have your business number, as well as an email address you check regularly.

Commercial landlord

Features for commercial property owners insurance
Contents cover for communal areas and landlords’ contents for both furnished and part furnished properties, including furniture and carpets, against theft or damage
Accidental damage cover for underground cables or pipework and landlords’ contents such as carpets
Property owner’s liability cover
Employer’s liability: protection in the event of injury to any employees or anyone taking out property maintenance work.
Optional terrorism cover: add protection against damage caused by acts of terrorism
Vacant premises are viewed as a higher risk, so if at any point your property becomes vacant please contact us

Had trouble getting cover?

We will do our best to source you a policy which fits your needs. Being part of Europe’s Largest Independent Insurance Intermediary means we can source deals from lots of insurers.

For example you may own a property which is used for both commercial and residential purposes (a flat above a shot for instance). We can help source cover here.

If you have had trouble getting cover online, then give us a call now on 0800 107 8949 and we may be able to source you a great policy from other insurers who sit outside our online panel.

Common insurance features for commercial property owners

Contents Cover: is available for communal areas and landlords’ contents for both furnished and part furnished properties, including furniture and carpets, against theft or damage.

Accidental damage: typically, this would cover you against accidental damage to underground cables or pipework and also for landlords’ contents such as carpets.

Property owner’s liability

Employer’s liability: you’re protected in the event of injury to any employees, such as cleaners, gardeners or anyone taking out property maintenance work.

Vacant premises : empty properties are viewed as a higher risk by insurers. If at any point your property becomes vacant you should contact us (YOUR Insurance), as this may affect your policy.

Optional features
Terrorism cover: If you would like to add protection against damage caused by acts of terrorism, select this option as one of your insurance cover requirements.

Our price guarantee on commercial property insurance

If you have been letting your commercial property and have been claim free for 3 or more years we can offer you a cheaper price than your existing insurance provider. This deal is subject to underwriting criteria but if you qualify you could save at least 5% on what you have been quoted by your current provider for your renewal.

How to get this deal

Call us on 0800 107 8949 and we go through the quote process with you.

We may need to see your renewal offer.

Deal not right for you?

If your insurance requirements mean you don’t qualify for this guarantee, we could still save you money on your policy. Our team of insurance professionals will pull out all the stops to get you the right cover at the right price.