We can source a home insurance policy through a panel of market-leading insurers.
Our expert customer advisors will help you select a policy suitable to your needs
and answer any questions you may have.

Request a Quote

Home Insurance Explained

What is Home Insurance and why do you need it?

If your residential property is damaged or destroyed, the effects can be devastating. The cost of repairing or rebuilding your home can be just as difficult to deal with. The right home insurance package not only gives complete peace of mind, it also gives valuable financial support when you need it the most.

Every home - and every homeowner - is different. That’s why we provide a range of cost effective policies that can be tailored to suit individual needs and circumstances. So if your property suffers accidental damage or is the target of crime, the costs associated with fixing your property or replacing contents are covered.

Even if your residential property insurance requirements are non-standard, don’t worry. At YOUR Insurance, we take pride in offering home insurance products that fit the broadest range of circumstances. Whether your property is overseas, unoccupied or just a little unusual, talk to our customer services team about the options available for your home insurance needs.

To find out about what’s covered in our Home Insurance policies, read more in our benefits section below


How to buy home insurance from YOUR insurance

Get a Quote

Or phone us on 0800 107 8949 and let us use our panel of insurers to tailor your very own policy.

Ask questions: we’re here to help in the way that you choose. In addition to the information on this site, you can request a call back for advice from our customer services team at a time that suits you.

Why choose us?

Insurance shouldn’t interrupt the way you work, but you need to know it’s always there, so we make YOUR Insurance work with You. With YOUR Insurance, you can:

Spread your payments: to help you manage your cash flow you can choose to pay your insurance premium in monthly instalments.

Save time and money: we will email all of your policy documents to you so you’ll have them straight away. And if you have any queries there’s no cost to call us: all of our telephone numbers are free.

Know that you have financial security: by taking out our home insurance policy you’ll know you have the support of Europe's largest independent insurance intermediary, Advisory Insurance Brokers Limited.

Features of our cover
Our home insurance policies can provide cover for:
Accidental damage cover to your residential property or contents.
Holiday homes covered when others are using them and when they are unoccupied.
Properties under renovation covered against the cost of criminal damage whilst not lived in (restrictions apply).
Non-standard properties such as a thatched roof, unusual construction or listed buildings may be covered
Blanket sum insured policies with varying amounts of cover for both residential buildings and their contents
24/7 Emergency assistance to prevent or limit damage to your home and ensure any occupants are safe
Legal fees cover can be included.
As with all insurance policies, limits and level of cover will depend upon the package you choose.

Things to look out for

Insurance is designed to protect you and your property. To make sure that you get the most from your choice of cover, you need to bear in mind the following:

Reasonable care
Unfortunately crime is a common occurrence, therefore most insurers will expect you to take reasonable care to prevent a problem occurring. For example theft or damage to your property and its contents will not be covered if it has been left unlocked or with the windows or doors open.

As the property owner, you also have an obligation to ensure your property is appropriately looked after. If a problem occurs as a result of your negligence, you may not be covered.

Unoccupied properties
Some policies do not cover properties if they area left unoccupied for more than a month. If you know this will be the case, unoccupied property cover must be specifically stated as a requirement so that an appropriate policy is selected from the outset.


What we don’t cover

When you’re choosing your insurance, it’s just as important for you to know what we don’t cover as what we do.

  • Holiday home cover is subject to restrictions depending on location and time of year.
  • Accidental damage is subject to restrictions depending on certain risks.
  • Blanket sum insured policies are not offered by all of our insurers. Please specify when you take out your policy.
  • Mid net worth contracts are not offered by all of our insurers. Please specify when you take out your policy.